Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dancing Bamboo Socks

My grandmother, Millie, a knitting diva extraordinaire, taught me how to knit several years ago. These socks were my first go at knitting something lacy and I gave them to her a few Christmases ago. The pattern is 'Dancing Bamboo Socks' from Pints and Purls, one of my favorite knitting books (any knitting book that provides its difficulty rating as the number of cocktails you can comfortably consume while knitting it is right up my alley*) The yarn is Felici self striping sock yarn from Knit Picks.


2013 Update:  I knit this pattern again in a merino/bamboo/silk blend for my mom for Christmas.  So far it's been the easiest lacy pattern to wrap my very distracted head around!




*more about that on the other site I blog on: http://boozewhisperer.blogspot.com

Beanbottom's Scarf

Beanbottom's Scarf
2004: My first completed knitting project!